The Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission (NERC) is an independent body, established by the Electric Power Sector Reform Act of 2005 to undertake technical and economic regulation of the Nigerian Electricity Supply Industry.
The Commission is to, among others license operators, determine operating codes and standards, establish customer rights and obligations and set cost reflective industry tariffs. The Commission has its head quarters in Abuja.
Applications are invited from suitable candidates to join our team in an exciting career of regulating the Nigerian Electricity Supply Industry in the position below:
Job Title: Principal Manager – Tariff and Rates
Division: Markets Competition and Rates
- Assists with the process for the review of tariff filings and applications.
- Assists with the development and the review of existing tariff models.
- Undertake review of methodologies, polices, procedures and guidelines for regulating electricity tariff.
- Analyse the impact of various government tariff policy directives on the financial sustainability of the market and proper advice to the Commission.
- Undertake studies to establish appropriate level of lifeline tariffs and make recommendations for the implementation of PCAF.
- Analyse matters for tariff hearing and assist with the organisation of public hearings or any other regulatory proceeding to obtain any required information, representation, or objection to ensure that the proposed change in tariff is fair to all stakeholders.
- Monitor and ensure compliance of operators with approved tariff regime.
- Prepare periodic reports as may be requested by the Unit Head.
Minimum Qualification / Skills
- B.Sc in any of the fields mentioned with an MSc in Energy Economics, MSc Econometrics, MA Economics, MA Utility Regulation, MSc Economics, LLM Energy Law, MSc Finance, MBA Energy Finance, MSc Statistics and MSc Computer Science.
- PhD in a relevant Discipline is an added advantage.
- Minimum of 15 years experience.
Application Closing Date
12:00 Midnight: 15th July, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to Start Application Online
- To start the application, create an account on the register page.
- Check your email for the verification link, click on it to verify your account.
- Complete the application step by step, the platform allows you to Save and continue later, so you can complete the application at your own pace.
- Applicants should please note that this is a completely online application process, and no paper application and CVs should be sent to the Commission.
- Applicants are required to submit only ONE (1) application and multiple applications shall result in a disqualification of the applicant.
- Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted for the next process of the recruitment exercise.
- All successful candidates will be contacted via email or phone number.