Senior Software Engineer (Node.js)
Location – Remote available, or hybrid based out of Buckfastleigh, Devon
Work with us at Riverford and join a thriving employee-owned business
- Work on cutting edge digital products that are at the centre of our business and turn over more than £110m a year.
- Be part of a friendly, inclusive, and talented team.
- Grow with us – we’re proud to offer a bucketload of training and development opportunities to support your chosen career path. We offer 10% training time every week, helping you grow.
- Work-life balance. We love what we do, but we also cherish our non-work time to relax and recharge!
- Our core working hours are 10am-3pm, with flexibility outside of that.
- Annual profit share; at least 10% of all our profits are split equally between all co-owners.
What you’ll be doing…
You’ll be joining a cross-functional digital product team, fully responsible for Riverford’s customer-facing websites and mobile app. This highly skilled team includes engineers, product designers, content and SEO managers, all working together to make Riverford’s digital shopping experience best of class.
Riverford is an e-commerce business like no other, and we have a website to match: a bespoke system, built in-house, that’s easy to use and allows great flexibility in how our customers shop. You’ll be helping our team bring exciting new functionality to our websites and app – for example, taking advantage of our huge database of recipes, or adding novel personalised features – enabling Riverford to deliver ever improving products and experiences to our customers.
Technology is key to Riverford’s success, and you’ll be integral in designing and delivering software solutions that enable outstanding customer experiences.
What is the salary?
Circa £60,000 per annum
Skills & experience…
- Capable of bringing to life user interface designs using web technologies.
- Proven experience in commercial software development.
- You will have built great software and helped teach others how to do the same.
- Expertise in HTML and CSS, with up-to-date knowledge of the tech and best practices for building responsive, accessible websites and apps.
- Here are our ideal skills for this role:
ES2021+, TypeScript, HTML, Sass | Node.js | GraphQL | FP | GitLab CI | Scrum, Kanban
More than just a veg box….
Riverford are mad about organic veg. It’s at the core of everything we do. We love to grow it, pack it into boxes, and deliver it to around 90,000 homes across the UK every week.
This takes loads of brilliant people – and working here makes you a ‘co-owner’, since Riverford is employee owned. Success means much more than just profits; we want this to be a place people enjoy coming to work, and a business our co-owners feel proud of!
In 2021, we were delighted to be awarded two-star Best Companies accreditation, recognising Riverford as an ‘outstanding’ place to work.
Riverford is a beautiful place to work, with lots of great people – and other perks too. Some of our benefits include:
- 33 days holiday pro rata (including bank holidays)
- generous company pension scheme
- heavily discounted organic breakfasts and lunches
- annual profit share (10% of all our profits are split equally between all co-owners)
- free organic fruit and veg and free parking.