SPIE Oil & Gas Services (part of the SPIE Group) provides a complete range of services to some of the world’s largest oil and gas companies through its network of offices in 25 countries across Africa, the Middle-East and Asia-Pacific.
Our turnover has more than doubled in the last few years thanks to the dedication of our 4,000 employees to whom we give training, recognition, and genuine opportunities for career development. In order to support this growth, SPIE Oil & Gas Services is always seeking talented individuals to join its teams.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Quality Assurance / Quality Control (QA / QC) Manager
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Contract type: Fixed-term-contract
Contractual hours: Full time
Contract duration: 24 Months
Area Activity: Mechanical, HVAC and Electrical Services
- To manage quality aspects on the Packages, ensuring Subcontractor’s full implementation of approved Project Quality Plan and all Quality Management activities for the onshore and offshore scope of works in compliance with quality requirements and specifications of the contract.
- To provide expert support and guidance on quality specifications, requirements and quality issues resolutions in execution of Worksite and SITE project activities, ensuring adequate quality reporting and documentation.
ALSO CHECK: Apply For Health Manager – External Health Services at Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC)
His responsibilities include:
- Prepare for review Subcontractors quality documentations including Project Quality Plan for the Package.
- Prepare for review Subcontractor Work Procedures for quality aspects.
- Follow up and ensure implementation of approved Project Quality Plan and achievement of Quality objectives on the project activities.
- Provide leadership, expert direction, and guidance to the team on quality matters to ensure achievement of quality requirement on the project activities.
- Monitor to ensure adequate quantity and qualification / certification of Contractor / Subcontractors’ QA/QC resources deployed on the project and urgently address any shortfall.
- Carry out reviews of Contractor Quality Control / Inspection Test Plan, Operatives Procedures and Test Documents.
- Verify that the criticality rating of equipment is determined prior to award of any Subcontract or Purchase Order, and review on a regular basis taking into account the capability of and the performance of the Vendor’s.
- Develop a Surveillance Program and specific assessment and verification check sheet according to the specific criticality
- Implement QC Surveillance to verify site Inspection and Test Activities compliance with QC Plan requirements, standards and specifications.
- Provide status reports to hierarchy on Root Cause Failure Analysis (RCFA) Corrective Actions including Notes/Findings from any Verification Activities (procedures review, shop visits, etc.)
- Ensure Suppliers are working to the approved Quality Plans and Inspection Test Plan.
- Monitor the development and implementation of Contractor Quality Control documents.
- Prepare the Subcontractor’s audit schedule.
- Witness the Quality Audits performed on lower tier Sub-Contractors, Vendors and Suppliers.
- Ensure that identified Corrective Actions are implemented internally and by lower tier subcontractors.
- Follow and expedite the remedial actions and root cause analysis from Quality Audit Findings.
- Co-ordinate and report surveillance activities on site works.
- Ensure to treat Quality Records in due time and file according to approved procedure.
- Interface with the Certifying Authority for Supplier Inspection activities and liaise with Third Party Authority at the required witness points during project execution in order to meet quality requirements
Required Competencies (degree of mastery: 1 : weak – 2 : medium – 3 : good – 4 : excellent)
- Engineering (E&I) – 3
- Construction (E&I) – 4
- Safety – 4
- Planning – 3
- Customer management – 3
- Working at spie
What can we offer you?
- We offer a variety of stimulating and evolving experiences: exciting projects, learning from professionals and immersed in international culture
- Minimum level of experience required: 10 years or more
- E&I QA/QC Certifications:
- COMPEX, ATEX, API SIFE, API SIEE
- ISO Certifications:
- ISO 9001:2015
- English (D-Full professional proficiency).
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online