- A Lab Technician role exists within a multinational food testing organization
- To be based in Cape Town
About Our Client
Our client is multinational organisation that specialises in the production of edible chemicals/solutions that preserve fruits & vegetables.
The Lab Technician role entails the following:
- manage a centralised sample analysis facility in Western Cape, South Africa.
- Responsible for establishing a measurement schedule, measuring samples, compiling data, analysing data, and escalating sample-related issues.
- The lab technician is expected to regularly interface with members of the Process Engineering team and Field Services team to successfully demonstrate the business’ technologies to potential partners
- Travel to acquire samples from commercial sites.
- Execute a suite of measurements on samples from commercial facilities.
- Regularly calibrate produce quality tools.
- Track inventory at the central facility.
- Maintain lab organisation with sample groups clearly separated and labelled.
- Maintain and optimise procedural flow for data collection
- Analyse sample data.
- Compile reports for external viewing.
The Successful Applicant
The ideal candidate for the Lab Technician should possess the following:
- atleast 3 years experience in food testing industry
- Data collection experience
- BSc in chemistry, biology, food science, or a related STEM field.
- Ability to perform indoor and outdoor work in cold or hot environments, and the ability to lift and move boxes of fruit (up to 50 lbs).
- English language fluency is required.
- Must be able to provide driving record, proof of insurance and valid car registration upon hire
What’s on Offer