- The person filling this position is a critical anchor to driving the success of our company.
- mDoc aims to further build capability and to support physicians to provide education and tools to patients to improve self-management. Our ethos is etched in the belief that augmenting the healthcare & technology landscape is paramount to helping Africa unlock its true potential. We are on a mission to transform how African healthcare consumers receive the support they need to live longer, healthier, happier, and more productive lives.
- We are looking for an ambitious and energetic Business Development Senior Manager to help us expand our clientele and grow mDoc’s business and footprint in the marketplace.
- You will be the front of the company and will have the dedication to create and apply an effective sales strategy.
- The goal is to drive sustainable financial growth through boosting sales and forging strong relationships with clients. We believe in ensuring you own your role, leverage your expertise buttressed by continuous learning (through regular journal clubs, an education stipend, etc.)
- Increasing the value of current customers while attracting new ones through the development and execution of a comprehensive business development strategy.
- Finding and developing new markets and improving sales.
- Developing channel partnership strategy, execution, and overall management plan for partner relationships. You’ll have a unique opportunity to shape mDoc’s growth and brand: partnerships are the most important contributor to our revenue growth.
- Attending conferences, meetings, and industry events.
- Developing goals for the development team and business growth and ensuring they are met.
- Research and identify new business opportunities – including new markets, growth areas, trends, customers, partnerships, products, and services – or new ways of reaching existing markets
- Generate leads and cold call prospective customers virtually and face to face
- Foster and develop relationships with customers/client including grant partners
- Understand the needs of our customers and be able to respond effectively with a plan of how to meet these
- Think strategically – seeing the bigger picture and setting aims and objectives in order to develop and improve the business
- Work strategically – carrying out necessary planning in order to implement operational changes
- Draw up client proposals and contracts – depending on the size of company, this task may be completed by someone else
- Have a deep understanding of the businesses’ products or services and be able to advise others about them
- Recruit and train members of your team, arranging external training where appropriate
- Discuss promotional strategy and activities with the marketing department
- Liaise with the finance team, and product sales departments as appropriate
- Seek ways of improving the way the business operates
- Keep abreast of trends and changes in the business world including knowledge of competitors
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing or related field required.
- 6+ years’ experience in business development, sales, marketing or related field.
- Demonstrated experience in complex channel partnerships and/or B2B healthcare market
- Previous experience negotiating contracts
- Strong project management & organization skills: from your email inbox habits to your time management, to the information you juggle about people, teams, clients, and products to how you manage your team and how you work cross-functionally
- Excellent communication skills(written and verbal) and an ability to focus on big picture and delve into granular understanding and detail
- Entrepreneurial with an ability to create and follow plans yet flexible enough to respond to change while balancing multiple projects and priorities.
- Desire to learn, grow and develop as a first-class startup executive, and mentor to future team members
- Passionate about the intersection of technology and healthcare
- Willing to travel 20-50%
- Charismatic with an ability to build rapport
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to flourish with minimal guidance, be proactive, and handle uncertainty.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and CRM software (e.g. Salesforce)
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should