Head of Elementary (Expatriate / Nigerian)
- Job Type: Full Time
- Qualification: MBA/MSc/MA
- Experience: 10 years
- Location: Lagos
- Job Field: Education / Teaching
Location: Lekki, Lagos
- The Head of Elementary will coordinate administrative oversight and plan all phases of instructional leadership for the school including educational programming, administration, budgetary planning, discipline, and counseling services.
Key Duties / Responsibilities
- Oversee the daily management of the school and office.
- Oversee educators in the school, providing periodic observations and evaluations that are timely and constructive and completed based on the timetables set by the school district.
- Offer additional training and guidance as necessary based on evaluations of professional staff.
- Evaluate the performance of clerical, janitorial, etc.
- Ensure a productive learning environment through continual collaboration with teachers, students, and parents.
- Facilitate opportunities to connect with students by being present and available during arrival and dismissal, by appearing at school functions, and by meeting with students.
- Enforce disciplinary policies and procedures with students.
- Participate in parent meetings and conferences and acts as intermediary between parents, teachers, and students to deal with a variety of needs or issues.
- Maintain competency and student academic achievement as prescribed by the school board.
- Preside over staff meetings.
- Ensure completion of routine and required paperwork including attendance reports, test results, and licensing information for students, educators, staff, and school management.
- Coordinate staff development for faculty and staff; provides instruction if needed.
- Oversee the allocation of supplies and equipment.
- Oversee and implements the school budget, approving new programs and expenditures as appropriate.
- Represent the school in community activities and meetings.
- Interact with various stakeholders to foster a positive relationship between the school and community including the PTA, community organizations, and leaders.
- Collaborate with other educators to choose and develop curriculum and textbooks that align with national standard and British curriculum.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Master’s Degree in Educational Management and Planning or related field
- Minimum of 10 years relevant experience in elementary education and 3 years in leadership.
- International Primary Curriculum (IPC) and British curriculum
- Experience with multicultural and dynamic environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent supervisory and leadership skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the proven ability to professionally and effectively communicate with educators, parents, and community leaders.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Extremely effective administration of multifaceted operations.
- Knowledge of best practices in education and educational administration.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letters to: email@example.com using “the job title” as the subject of the mail.