Short-Term Technical Assistant (STTA) – Workshop Facilitator on Identification of Viable Agricultural Livelihood
- Job Type: Full Time
- Qualification: BA/BSc/HND
- Experience: 3 – 4 years
- Location: Borno
- Job Field: NGO/Non-Profit
- Creative Associates International (Creative) through United States Agency for International Development Nigeria Mission (USAID/Nigeria) funding is implementing the Nigeria Northeast Connection (NE Connection) program: Building Community Resilience to Violent Extremism and Conflict in Northeast Nigeria.
- This program aims to strengthen the resilience of communities vulnerable to violent extremist infiltration and conflict in Borno, Adamawa and Yobe (BAY) states in northeast Nigeria.
- Program activities will be implemented directly by NE Connection staff or through local actors (i.e., grantees), with close oversight and technical assistance from program staff. In Borno state, Northeast Connection has identified Biu, Jere, Hawul, KwayaKusar, Maiduguri and Shani as target Local Government Areas (LGAs) for intervention.
- The objectives of the NE Connection program are to ensure that:
- Resilience of communities vulnerable to violent extremist infiltration and conflict enhanced.
- Local capacity to respond to emerging threats developed.
- The program is implemented primarily through small grants at the community level, designed to address specific problems or requests hinging on learnings and recommendations from quarterly research.
- Activity processes are as important as activity outputs in contributing to the program’s strategic goal.
- Program objectives are not met solely by performing tasks under an activity, but also through an inclusive locally led process that brings the community together to realize goals and foster positive engagement.
- The STTA Facilitator will support the facilitation of 2-day workshop to identify viable agricultural livelihood opportunities for vulnerable youths in Biu LGA and take notes of the workshop proceedings.
- The STTA will work from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm daily and the consultancy is expected to be for a period of 2 days with additional 1 days for the initial kick-off/debriefing meeting, and 2 days for report writing, totaling 5 days.
- The STTA will work under the specific guidance from NE Connection team,target Program stakeholders at the local level for the duration of this assignment.
Reporting & Supervision
- The STTA Facilitator shall work with the Program Officer, and report to the Nigeria Northeast Connection Program Manager under the Borno state portfolio.
READ ALSO: Apply For Programme Manager – Partnership for Learning for All in Nigeria (PLANE) at Save The Children
Tasks to be Performed
Primary responsibilities of the STTA will include but are not limited to the following:
- Prepare discussion agenda, guidelines, and the expected outcome.
- Actively engage 30 participants in a 2-day workshop to identify viable agricultural livelihood opportunities for vulnerable youths
- Ensure the selection of participant, as diverse levels as possible, in a group discussion by making sure everyone could contribute meaningfully and have their perspectives listened.
- To support the NE Connection Borno team to coordinate and facilitate 2-day workshop in Biu LGA.
- Summarize outcomes from the discussion and develop strategic action plan that could be used to mitigate drivers of recruitment into VEOs
- Participate in a feedback session with NE Connection team to discuss outcomes of the meeting.
- Development action plan including recommendations for pathway towards mitigating drivers of recruitment into VEOs, in line with the 10-year transformational and 25-year development plan of the Borno state government.
- Write a detail report and submit both electronic and hard copy to the organization
Results and/or Deliverables
|Submission activity workplan that suggests efficiencies and outlines timelines and steps that will be taken to facilitate the dialogue meeting.
Participation and submission of activity report on kick-off meeting and planning meeting
|Submission of developed action plan including recommendations from the 2 days’ workshop on pathway towards mitigating drivers of recruitment into violent extremism.
Submission of detail final report to NE Connection
|3||June 30, 2022||60%|
Desired Skills & Qualifications
- University Degree or HND in Development Studies, Political Science, and International Relations, Disaster and Risks Management, or any related field.
- Have evidence of 3 – 4 years of experience of past work-related engagement in the northeast is preferred and at least 2 similar consultancies carried out on strategy development.
- Familiar with Borno State’s social, cultural, and political context
- Experience in providing technical and organizational support and capacity building
- In-depth knowledge of northeast crises trend with engagement experience in Borno State
- Equipped with a sufficient level of awareness and knowledge on Peacebuilding, conflict mediation, cohesion, and CVE
- Good communication and interpersonal skills are required.
- Good technical facilitation capacity.
- Excellent documentation skill is required.
- Written and spoken fluency in English and Hausa is required.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet datelines.
Method of Application
All correspondence and/or inquiries regarding this Request for Quotations (RFQ) must reference the above RFQ number and be directed via email to: Procurement@connection-nigeria.com Creative intends to award a fixed price consultant agreement but reserves the right to make multiple awards or no award.
- Please submit the following documents below to provide a quote in response to this RFQ:
- Confirm that you have the qualifications and experience to perform the work as defined in the scope of work AND are available to perform the work during the period of performance required.
- An updated CV that reflects the education, skills, and experience required in Attachment 1, and demonstrates the ability to carry out the scope of work;
- Confirm that you can perform the work within the not-to-exceed level of effort (LOE) stated in the scope or provide an alternate LOE and justify. Also include any non-labor costs expectations.
Be found by employers. Sign up and complete your profile.