|Listed on:||22nd April|
|Salary Notes:||Competitive + Benefits|
Inmarsat has been at the forefront of global mobile satellite communications for over forty years, and is the market leading provider of voice and high-speed data communications for users on land, at sea and in the air through its constellation of 14 geostationary satellites. Inmarsat is a privately owned company with a profitable track record and significant growth aspirations.
This is represented by more than 55 nationalities in the workforce, reflecting the global and dynamic nature of the business. With an investment of over $3 billion in its latest network infrastructure, Inmarsat is at the forefront of global mobile communications innovation.
Inmarsat’s Government business unit delivers against the requirements for voice, data and video services with demand for global availability and utmost reliability. Whether a military commander on operations, a government official responding to a local emergency or a head of state conducting international affairs, Inmarsat provides them with essential access to voice and broadband data, where and when they need it.
Primary role purpose:
The G2 Digital Operations Manager will drive the transformation of G2’s Digital Eco-System forward to support achievement of the Long Range Business Plan and improvement of G2’s organizational agility. They ensure G2’s Digital Platforms are operated and maintained in-line with compliance requirements (including legislation, certifications, policies, customer security requirements the G2 operational framework.
- Manage G2’s digital platforms as a portfolio, conduct lifecycle reviews as appropriate.
- Drive digital innovation work with G2 SME’s, corporate Inmarsat and key vendors to create innovative digital solutions to address current and future business challenges.
- Ensure planned work is reflected on the G2 Digital Roadmap and communicated regularly to stakeholders.
- Manage change associated with the rollout of digital initiatives, ensuring successful adoption and realisation of business benefits
- Prepare Business Cases, Feasibility Studies and Deployment Plans
- Manage key external suppliers
- Chair the G2 Digital Operations CAB, ensuring activities are reviewed at approval gates and non-standard changes to the Digital Eco-System are reviewed and approved prior to implementation.
- Maintain good fiscal discipline ensuring operational CAPEX and OPEX expenditures are in line with budget expectations.
- Directly deliver specific work packages in the Digital Roadmap as personal objectives, ensure these are delivered on schedule and are of good technical quality.
- Manage a portfolio of Digital Continuous Improvement Activities
- Ensure G2 maintains an inventory of G2 specific software and hardware assets.
- Ensure systems, software and tools risks and mitigations are managed in appropriate registers.
- Ensure Digital elements in the G2 Business Continuity and Crisis Management plans are refreshed as appropriate.
- Participate in Internal and External Audits, own accountability for remediation of Digital Non-Conformance
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
- Demonstrable Experience gained as a leader of an IT or Digital function
- Demonstrable Team Management & Supervision Experience of direct and in-direct reports.
- Technical background in IT
- Experience managing successful full lifecycle transformation programs in multi-national organisations involving the replacement or enhancement of major software platforms and related applications (ERP, CRM, Service Management, Information Management).
- Experience managing information systems, understanding of information management lifecycles, storage environments and search technologies.
- Experience managing third party suppliers to deliver programmes, projects and operational services.
- Experience or exposure to:-
- IT Governance (Cobit 2019)
- IT Service Management (ITIL V4)
- Agile Project Management (Scrum)
- Project Management (Prince 2)
- Information Management (AIIM)
- Ability to prepare and deliver technical and / or commercial presentations and reports to both internal and external clients.
- As this position directly supports Inmarsat customers in a global community who operate in numerous different time zones, it is essential that working hours are flexible. The staff-member in this role will be expected to work with their line manager to adjust working hours to deliver services as required by the role while maintaining a satisfactory life-work balance.
- As this role may require travel, both domestically and internationally, the staff-member in this role will be required, on an irregular basis and provided reasonable notice, to travel sometimes for periods exceeding 7 days, and if required to travel on weekends to meet on-site weekday commitments.
- Must be committed to on-going personal development.
- The post-holder must have and maintain a current passport.
- Hold or have the ability to achieve UK SC Security Clearance in short order.
You must be eligible to work in this location advertised.
Our values define Inmarsat’s culture and represent what we believe in. Inmarsat employees aspire to certain behaviours which support our corporate values, they create a stronger working environment and lie at the heart of our continued success as an organisation.
- Accountability – taking ownership, getting results and keeping our promises
- Respect – collaborating, embracing diversity and valuing differences
- Excellence – creating bold solutions for our customers and putting quality at the heart of everything we do
Contact Name: Inmarsat Global
Job ID: 3078997