- Non-Profit Journalism
- Audience & Revenue Generation
About Our Client
Our client is an established non-profit news organization covering stories across the globe and widening their agenda. We are recruiting their new Sales Director. The position can be based in any African hub : Lagos, Nairobi, Cairo, Accra, Johannesburg, London, Paris, Dubai…
Reporting to the CEO and sitting on the board you interact with both the editorial and business side of the organization. Your primary mission is to grow the organization’s audience and generate new revenues streams. In that spirit you will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Identify Key audience growth markets and develop strategies to reach them
- Supervise all events, advertising tools and any other marketing or Branding area.
- Initiate partnerships with third parties & sponsors as well as distribution agreements with other media organizations
- Develop Content Marketing Strategies to repackage content and or intellectual assets for partner’s needs.
- Provide Industry Insights and track and analyze audience analytics
- Build and implement a revenue generation strategy through content or marketing tools
- Prospect key markets and creating specific partnerships targeting those markets.
- Identify new levers prone to revenue generation
- Managing all revenue channel development and introducing new sales channels and partners.
- Define KPIs guaranteeing projects rentability
The Successful Applicant
To be suitable for this role, you will have more than 10 years’ experience in news organization in both the editorial and business sides of a newsroom. You started your career as a Journalist or content creator and have since gained marketing and sales skills in an international context. You have worked on distribution partnership or syndications and /or product development. You have a strong understanding of technology and digital publishing platforms. Possessing excellent interpersonal and communication skills you have a strong drive for autonomy and are known to lead and empower teams in growing environment. English is required a full working proficiency in French, Arabic or Spanish is appreciated.
What’s on Offer