Regional Program Manager (North)
- Job Type: Full Time
- Qualification: BA/BSc/HND
- Experience: 5 – 10 years
- Location: Not specified
- Job Field: NGO/Non-Profit
- The Regional Program Manager is responsible for the quality implementation of programmes in the Northern Region of Nigeria.
- He/she ensures that regional program objectives and outcomes are achieved.
- He/she will be responsible for providing leadership to the programme Managers to achieve the outlined Programs Strategy for the location through Quality Programme Implementation, effective coordination, consolidation, administrative support, guidance and leadership.
- Provide leadership in the development of strategic plans and budgets for all programs in the region
- Provide leadership to the region towards achieving the objectives of the program strategies.
- Review and ensure alignment of program priorities, strategies, campaigns and plans within the region
- Support the National Director to lead the development of both strategic and operational plans in accordance with the strategic objectives and planning guidelines within the northern region.
- Ensure quality implementation of all programs of SOS Children’s Villages in the region
- Monitor, review and update regional activities and work plans to ensure that it attains its objectives as cost-effectively and efficiently as possible
- Review and approve regional programme concepts, partner financial requests as per SOS Children’s Villages’ process and procedures.
- Manage the expenditure and disbursement of resources allocated to the region
- Oversee programme and project spending and variance report as per SOS Children’s Villages’ process and procedures.
- Provide high-level policy analysis on identified key issues in the region
- Ensures the implementation of clear and comprehensive Policy Strategies aligned to specific campaign plans within the region
- Oversees resource mobilization strategies for sustaining SOSCVs campaigns and programs in line with strategic objectives in the region
- Oversees the implementation of regional programs to guarantee the achievement of donor/partner requirements.
- Overseeing the implementation of donor/partner funded projects and programs
- Overseeing donor/partner grants effectively and efficiently and ensure quality reporting
- Oversees the regional programs to ensure quality grants management
- Provides support to ensure effective monitoring systems, tools and practices are in place to determine a project or programme’s progress, challenges and achievements against internal and external targets and quality standards within the region.
- Provides support to ensure that technical guidance, tools, and SOPs are implemented in line with regional guidelines, principles, and best practice
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned to ensure that goals and objectives of Child Protection and Safeguarding are met within the region.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- HND / B.Sc Degree or Advanced Degree in a relevant subject area, such as Social Science, Management, Community development, etc
- Minimum of 10 years in a Programme Management role in an iNGO
- Minimum of 5 years in an advanced management role (preference given to those with program management experience)
- Previous experience working and coordinating with other stakeholders (police, shelter homes, other NGO’s, etc.).
- Sound understanding of family development, community development, and sustainability of programme responses and outcomes
- Excellent ability to engage with donors on behalf of the Organization.1wd