|Recruiter:||Coventry Building Society|
|Listed on:||29th April|
About The Role
The Practice Manager will be instrumental in leading the People agenda. The role will be responsible for ensuring that the Practice has a highly skilled and motivated workforce with an emphasis on Talent Management Development and Coaching to ensure people are engaged and performing at their optimal level. The role will focus on developing capability to operate within agile product teams, ensuring personal growth and stretch opportunities are realised to deliver effective talent and succession pipelines.
Your role is pivotal in defining goals and objectives; and in articulating a re-imagined future state enabled by innovative use of technology and agile ways of working. In this instance the role will focus on our Data Engineering and Data Platform teams.
You’ll work closely with the Chief Information Digital Officer Leadership to deliver the future state, with a focus on early and incremental release of value by creating an inclusive environment where people feel safe to speak up, voice concerns and suggest ideas.
Your strong planning, communication, and presentation skills along with your experience in agile ways of working will be critical to your engagement with stakeholders, and to the success of your practice.
About You – You’ll be a Servant Leader
An authentic ‘servant leader’ who takes responsibility for enabling your team’s success and achieving the Society’s shared goals through the CIDO function, ahead of your own objectives. Evidence of strategic thinking with the ability to shape and lead a capability and distil multiple perspectives.
Adept at seeking input from others to test assumptions, challenge thinking and bring in new perspectives and be passionate about delivering results, ensuring that the best business outcomes and customer experience are achieved.
Comfortable with ambiguity, equipped to handle the unexpected with flexibility, having great resilience you’ll maintain energy and enthusiasm and embrace these situations positively. Emotional intelligence helps you understand your impact on others, always taking time to coach and empower others to operate at their best.
Excellent stakeholder management skills with the ability to influence business decisions and command credibility at senior managerial levels, building and managing complex relationships across the organisation.
An outstanding communicator, both written and verbal and able to structure both technical and business information in a clear and concise manner.
Constantly creating a culture of continuous improvement, learning from mistakes and use the experience to change how you and the team respond to similar situations in the future.
Essential Skills Required:
- Technical skills and experience appropriate to the Practice individuals you will lead.
- Able to promote and coach the understanding of Agile Practices and Values; coaching, developing and inspiring individuals to drive great results and outcomes.
- Able to quantify resource requirements, measure and communicate proposed outcomes, value, benefits and risks.
- Able to negotiate and influence both delivery teams and business partners to achieve target outcomes.
- Strong belief in culture of Learning and Continuous Improvement, using front of market techniques to enhance performance and operation.
- Takes personal responsibility for identifying and carrying out own development needs to improve own performance.
- An advocate for career paths, identifying development opportunities and an ability to incubate and grow the talent pool.
- Experience of BI services and platforms would be advantageous
About The Company – IT at the Coventry is changing;We are currently undertaking an exciting transformation project that will shape the future of the organisation. As we progress on our journey we are seeking talented individuals who are passionate about delivering an outstanding experience for both members and colleagues in an environment where you will have the opportunity to be part of the future success of the organisation and work in an environment where personal and professional development is taken seriously.
Belief | Purpose | Values | Ambition
- We’re committed to making the Society a greener place to work
- We want to be fully Carbon Neutral by 2030
- Signed up to Energy Schemes
- Community – Giving our city and our communities the power to be better off through life
- To be the best mortgage and savings provider in the UK
- Put our Members First
- Giving people to power to be better off through life
Contact Name: CBS Admin
Job ID: 3082674