|Listed on:||29th April|
Inmarsat has been at the forefront of global mobile satellite communications for over forty years, and is the market leading provider of voice and high-speed data communications for users on land, at sea and in the air through its constellation of 14 geostationary satellites. Inmarsat is a privately owned company with a profitable track record and significant growth aspirations.
This is represented by more than 55 nationalities in the workforce, reflecting the global and dynamic nature of the business. With an investment of over $3 billion in its latest network infrastructure, Inmarsat is at the forefront of global mobile communications innovation.
Inmarsat’s Government business unit delivers against the requirements for voice, data and video services with demand for global availability and utmost reliability. Whether a military commander on operations, a government official responding to a local emergency or a head of state conducting international affairs, Inmarsat provides them with essential access to voice and broadband data, where and when they need it.
Primary Role Purpose:
The Global Government business unit is leading the development of INVISON, an innovative platform to improve access and management of secure government satellite communication to G2 customers.
Inmarsat G2 are seeking a Network Engineer for developing and maintaining the technical platform. The successful candidate will be working under the guidance of the Network Architect.
This role presents a unique opportunity to work within an enthusiast & dedicated team developing a disruptive platform to improve customer experience.
This is a full time role based in London.
- Analyse any new requirements from various stakeholder groups and provide a design framework to ensure the new requirements can be incorporated to the design for projects, tasks and network related activities
- Responsible for third-line network troubleshooting and support of network services. General support of existing systems, satisfying ad-hoc queries, troubleshooting, fixing general problems related to networks
- Design and implement Palo Alto, Juniper next-generation firewalls into existing and new networks
- Maintain service provider networks including L2 VPN’s, L3 VPN’s Inter-provider VPN’s
- Support development teams in maintaining network systems and network services running in AWS
- Assist in writing and maintaining as built documentation and other artefacts
- Automate network automation using Terraform and Ansible
- Utilise cloud networking technology to provide access and security controls for Amazon AWS, Google Cloud Platform, Microsoft Azure and Oracle Cloud
- Equipment configuration maintenance
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
- University degree or college diploma in Information Technology or equivalent work experience
- Qualified to at least JNCIS-SP
- Palo Alto – Design/installation & administration. Experience of deploying firewall rules based on user identity. An advanced level of knowledge is required
- Juniper firewall and routers – Design/installation and administration – Experience on service providers backbones. An advanced level of knowledge is required
- Proven experience in providing cloud networking connectivity/controls using AWS, GCP, Azure or OCI.
- Expert in L2 and L3 VPN’s and Inter-provider VPN’s
- Expert in IGP and BGP protocols
- Expert in network security, building, configuring and troubleshooting SSL/IPSec VPNs
- Expert in designing networks and integration of systems across a WAN, especially SD-WAN networks.
- Proven experience in designing, implementing and monitoring secure networks
- Has previous successful experience of implementing networks starting from user requirements
- Experience of IP address management
- Generally proficient in Windows and Linux
- Fluent with Microsoft Office components especially Visio
Desirable Knowledge and Skills:
- Waterfall and Agile development practices
- Knowledge of communications networks, ideally satellite communications
- Knowledge of common security threats and how to recognise / avoid writing exploitable code
- Network Operation Centre solutions (e.g. Business Support Systems, Operational Support Systems)
- Juniper network controllers
- Multi cloud network architecture like Aviatrix
Knowledge of satellite communication networks / government deployed communications, or a strong desire and aptitude to learn the dynamics of military and government deployments and communications needs and architectures, is highly desirable.
This role would suite a strong, creative, self-motivated person with demonstrable skills in business systems development lifecycles. The successful candidate needs to be comfortable in creating innovative solutions and not be afraid to be disruptive and creative, challenging conventional approaches.
The candidate needs to be fully conversant in English and be competent with MS Office (or similar)
You must be eligible to work in this location advertised.
Our values define Inmarsat’s culture and represent what we believe in. Inmarsat employees aspire to certain behaviours which support our corporate values, they create a stronger working environment and lie at the heart of our continued success as an organisation.
- Accountability – taking ownership, getting results and keeping our promises
- Respect – collaborating, embracing diversity and valuing differences
- Excellence – creating bold solutions for our customers and putting quality at the heart of everything we do
Contact Name: Inmarsat Global
Job ID: 3082388