GBV Case Worker
- Job Type: Full Time
- Qualification: NCE , OND
- Experience: 2 years
- Location: Borno
- Job Field: NGO/Non-Profit
General Position Summary
- GBV Case Workers will be responsible for the day-to- day Management of all GBV cases and including psychosocial support to survivors and vulnerable women in the 4 locations of Mairi, Mashamari, Dusuman and Maimusari. The case worker will employ a survivor-centered approach to ensure that the survivors wishes are respected, and their safety and confidentiality are preserved at all times through the case management process.
- in line with the GBV case management standard operating procedure and IASC guidelines on case management (SOP). The Case workers will provide women and girls access to information, services, and build informal support networks with other women at the Women and Girls Center.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Provide quality age-appropriate case management and psychosocial support to survivors of GBV and vulnerable women,
- Case management: Assessment of survivor needs, developing an action plan, implementing the pan, follow up and case closure processes in line with the GBV case management standard operating procedure and IASC guidelines on case management (SOP).
- Support individuals or survivors referrals to other service providers (Health, legal counselling, shelter, livelihoods or mental health etc.)
- GBV Case Worker will liaise directly with other service providers working within the camps communities where the project is implemented and facilitate referrals to other service providers (health including Mental health, Shelter, NFls and or legal providers, etc.
- Ensure follow up and case closure processes in line with the SGBV case management standard operating procedure and IASC guidelines on case management (SOP).
- Ensure Do No Harm principle of Do No Harm is observed and upheld in all the engagements
- Produce monthly data and regular narrative reports of cases managed in collaboration with line manager and the M&E Officer and contribute to the weekly and staff activity reports
- Provide weekly case update to supervisor (Protection/GBV Officers) including new cases received and managed, number of referrals, cases closed and follow ups.
- Submit intake forms, to M&E officers to ensure proper database of cases and analysis of reported cases.
- Ensure the principle of safety and confidentiality of beneficiaries’ data upheld.
- Participate in Bi-Weekly supervision meeting with SGBV/PSS Officers
- Maintain positive coordination and relationship with other partners at field level
- Supports PSS officer and project overall in case of any need arising.
- Ensures that Survivor Centred Approach Guiding principles maintained and enforced in while working with survivors including in safe spaces for women and girls.
- Facilitate the setting up of information desk at the women and girls centre where adolescent and women of reproductive age can access Sexual Reproductive Health information.
- Contribute within the women and girls centre to the identification of at risk girls, and women and ensure proper documentation
- Ensure Do No Harm analysis are carried out and the humanitarian principles are adhered to.
Finance & Compliance Management:
- Ensure compliance with donor and WINN regulations related to emergency programming.
- Ensure case management fund is utilized effectively
Influence & Representation:
- Identify, build, and manage collaborative partnerships with consortium partners, sub-grantees, donors, local governments, and other stakeholders.
- Communicate effectively to ensure overall project targets and donor obligations are met.
- Ensure compliance with security procedures and policies as determined by organisations leadership.
- Proactively ensure that team members operate in a secure environment and are aware of policies.
- As part of our commitment to organizational learning and in support of our understanding that learning organizations are more effective, efficient, and relevant to the communities they serve, we expect all team members to commit 5% of their time to learning activities that benefit WINN as well as themselves.
Accountability to Beneficiaries:
- WINN team members are expected to support all efforts toward accountability, specifically
to our beneficiaries and to international standards guiding international relief and development work, while actively engaging beneficiary communities as equal partners in the design, monitoring and evaluation of our field projects.
- Team members are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner and respect local laws, customs and WINN’s policies, procedures, and values at all times and in all in-country venues.
- S/he will supervise Community Volunteers
- Reports Directly to: Case Management Supervisor
- Works Directly with: Finance, Program, MEAL, and Operation Teams, partner staff
- The successful candidate will have a can-do attitude. Ideally, s/he will be very committed and willing to learn and work in remote locations.
- S/he is a problem solver, an effective community mobilizer who is adept in successfully dealing with issues of complexity.
- S/he is an active listener and contributor, working to create a strong team that share ideas and learn.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion:
- Achieving our mission begins with how we build our team and work together. Through our commitment to enriching our organization with people of different origins, beliefs, backgrounds, and ways of thinking, we are better able to leverage the collective power of our teams and solve the world’s most complex challenges.
- We strive for a culture of trust, integrity, accountability, decency, transparency and respect, where everyone contributes their perspectives and authentic selves, reaches their potential as individuals and teams, and collaborates to do the best work of their lives.
- We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a journey, and we are committed to learning, listening and evolving to become more diverse, equitable and inclusive than we are today.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
- WINN is an equal opportunity employer that does not tolerate discrimination on any basis. We actively seek out diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and skills so that we can be collectively stronger and have a sustained global impact.
- We are committed to providing an environment of respect and psychological safety where equal employment opportunities are available to all.
- We do not engage in or tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, colour, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability (including HIV/AIDS status), marital status, military veteran status or any other protected group in the locations where we work.
Safeguarding & Ethics:
- WINN is committed to ensuring that all individuals we come into contact with through our work, whether team members, community members, program participants or others, are treated with respect and dignity.
- We are committed to the core principles regarding the prevention of sexual exploitation abuse and harassment laid out by the UN Secretary-General and IASC. We will not tolerate child abuse, sexual exploitation, abuse, or harassment by or of our team members.
- As part of our commitment to a safe and inclusive work environment, team members are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner, respect local laws and customs, and adhere to WINN Code of Conduct Policies and values at all times.
- Team members are required to complete mandatory Code of Conduct eLearning courses upon hire and on an annual basis.
- ND or NCE in any relevant field.
- 2 years’ experience as a caseworker
- Supervisory Experience.
- Fluency in English, Hausa and Kanuri plus any other local languages in northeast Nigeria is an advantage.
- Good interpersonal skills to establish effective working relationships with all staff and key stakeholders externally.
- Able to communicate effectively at all levels within the organization, including relevant staff working for WINN
- Computer literate especially micro soft work, excel database and power point. Knowledge of other software an advantage.
- Willingness and ability to take initiative not only in identifying problems but also in suggesting and implementing solutions.