|Listed on:||Yesterday, 3:51pm|
|Salary Notes:||Competitive + Benefits|
Frontiers is an award-winning open science platform and leading open access scholarly publisher.
We are one of the largest and most cited publishers globally. To date, our 200,000 freely available research articles have received more than 1 billion views and downloads and 2 million citations. Our journals span science, health, humanities and social sciences, engineering, and sustainability. And we continue to expand into new academic disciplines so more researchers can publish open access.
Be part of the publishing revolution and help us transform the way research is published, evaluated, and communicated to the world.
The Endpoint Systems Engineer works as an integral part of the IT services Team to support the organization by providing Endpoint Configuration administration. The primary responsibilities of this position will be Implementation, patch management, imaging, inventory/reporting, and application deployments. This role reports to the IT Services Infrastructure Manager; you’ll be part of a dynamic, solution focused, international team of professionals working with cutting edge technology in your day to day work. The role requires you to be local to our London office and attend 1/ 2 days per week.
- Collaborate with IT Services and Network teams to deliver automated desktop deployment tools and processes.
- Implement and maintain the MECM (Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager) environment to support modern desktop.
- Monitor, review, test and deploy software patches to workstations.
- Create, test, and deploy software packages for scheduled or on demand distribution.
- Build complex and dynamic collections, queries and reports as required.
- Manage local and remote site boundaries, site systems, site roles, inter-site dependencies and communication.
- Apply new concepts, practices, technology, and procedures.
- Experience in using Microsoft BitLocker Administration and Monitoring (MBAM)
- Provides advanced-level configuration, management, and troubleshooting of all components of the Windows Operating System.
- Creates and distributes native Windows Installer (MSI) based application packages throughout a SCCM/MECM infrastructure spanning multiple sites and physical locations.
- Processes Computer Build Requests for end users.
- Provides resolutions for challenging technical issues relating to the SCCM/MECM Client
- Performs root cause analysis by utilizing problem determination and analytical skills relating to applications, access, connectivity, security, database, mobile devices, and others.
- Creates and modifies knowledge base articles and technical documentation as needed.
- Maintains and upgrades automated scripts for non-Microsoft application products.
- Monitors system capacity and application faults using existing software tools.
- Assists, as needed, with Support Requests submitted through established support channels.
You must have:
- Minimum of 3 years of professional experience in desktop engineering and endpoint system management, design, architecture, Active Directory – GPO and Azure also using IT support ticket management systems (Zendesk, JIRA)
- Candidates should demonstrate enterprise level knowledge of endpoint management solutions, such as Microsoft Windows Server Update Services (WSUS), MSI Package Builder, Microsoft Intune and other tools.
- Experience creating SCCM technical architecture and providing strategic technical direction.
- Expert with endpoint integration with group policy management, improved environment insight, etc.
- Strong knowledge across multiple scripting languages and tools such as PowerShell, or Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI)
- Must have strong communication and customer service skills with the ability to convey solutions to upper management.
With more than 50 nationalities represented in our global team, you will work regularly with teammates in other countries, and with our community of researchers, editors, and authors from around the globe.
Our mission to create solutions for healthy lives also extends to the working environment we provide for our employees.
100% remote working
Employees now have the flexibility to choose where they want to work, with remote working available on a part- or full-time basis.
Learning and development
All employees have access to LinkedIn Learning (and Pluralsight for our technology team), an annual personal learning budget, and dedicated L&D time.
We offer free online yoga classes, an employee assistance plan, access to the Headspace app, and four wellbeing days on top of your annual leave allowance.
Employees can dedicate three days each year to volunteer for a personal cause or through our volunteering partner platform, Alaya.
Contact Name: Frontiers Media
Job ID: 3084384