We are a global provider of integrated professional services which enrich the physical and social environment for the communities in which we live and work. Our team of multidisciplinary specialists has more than 70 years’ experience in designing, developing and delivering sustainable projects and community advancement programs.
Cardno ID (International Development) has extensive experience managing a number of donor-funded programs in the Asia Pacific region.
We engage in international development as a holistic, multidisciplinary and integrated process. Strengthened by our geographic and market diversity, we are committed to providing innovative and integrated solutions that create opportunities for significant, lasting change in emerging economies. Collaborating with multilateral and bilateral donors, private clients, governments and communities to develop sustainable solutions to complex challenges, we work with local counterparts to achieve meaningful impact.
Overview of the Role:
Prospera is looking for a skilled data analyst able to solve practical problems with Indonesia’s policy-makers. The Data Analyst will distil policy questions, design how to collect, analyse and interpret data, and present findings in a compelling way. Prospera is looking for candidates with strong computer skills, critical thinking and solid experience in data analytics, particularly working with and analysing big data.
This is an exciting role, contributing novel data and insights to make a real difference. In 2021, Prospera’s data analytics team assisted the Indonesian Government to model the pandemic mobility restrictions, saving lives and livelihoods.
About the Program:
Prospera is a partnership facility between the Government of Australia (through the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade) and the Government of Indonesia. It aims to foster strong, sustainable and inclusive economic growth in Indonesia.
About the Role:
The Data Analyst (Data Analytics) will report to Head of Data Analyst. The remuneration will be set according to National Remuneration Framework Group C, Job Level 2, open to Indonesia nationals. The role is based in Jakarta – Indonesia.
Responsibilities and duties:
The key roles and responsibilities of the Data Analyst (Data Analytics) are to provide the following:
- Work with Prospera teams to distil policy questions, and design how to collect data, analyse and interpret it and present findings in a compelling way.
- Develop partnerships with government agencies and private companies to access and analyse data for policy insights.
- Conduct data analysis in a wide range of areas, such as time series modelling, spatial data modelling, machine learning, pattern recognition, text mining, relational data management, and cloud computing.
- Scan the Indonesian and global landscape for novel sources of data to introduce into Prospera.
- Contribute to communication products to support policy reform based on robust data analysis, including briefs, PowerPoint presentation and digital storytelling.
- Support data warehousing initiatives to enable Prospera to deliver effective data analytics, including creating user-friendly datasets, models and data mining instruments, cloud computing and machine learning infrastructure.
To access the Terms of Reference detailing the role, responsibilities and selection criteria for this position, please copy and paste this link into a web browser: https://www.cardno.com/media/8908/tor-data-analyst-21042022.pdf
It is expected that the position will meet the following qualifications:
- A master’s degree in econometrics, applied statistics, data science or similar, and a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in data analytics (industry and/or research).
- Strong grip on how to collect data, analyse and interpret it, draw conclusions, and pose policy recommendations, along with critical thinking and problem‑solving skills in data analysis for policy change.
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in econometric software (eg, STATA), statistical programming languages (eg, R, Python), Microsoft products (Excel, Word and PowerPoint), relational database programming languages (eg, SQL), and experience with cloud computing is a plus.
- Good understanding of the Indonesian economy and available datasets, including official, administrative and new sources of data.
- Excellent communication skills in English and Bahasa Indonesia (verbal, written and presentational).
- Demonstrated capability in data visualisation and compelling storytelling for policy action is highly desirable.
How to apply?
We welcome your interest in joining the Prospera team. Please click ‘apply’ and submit your CV including a cover letter that addresses the selection criteria (no more than three pages). Kindly note that applications that do not include a cover letter addressing the key selection criteria will not be considered. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Cardno provides equal employment opportunities. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and abilities.
Applications must be submitted by 5pm Jakarta time, 23 May 2022
Cardno is committed to Safety and the Prevention of Sexual Abuse, Exploitation and Harassment (PSEAH), Child Protection, Fraud and Bribery prevention. We want to engage with the right people to deliver our client programs. As part of our approach, you will be subjected to formal background screening, criminal record checks, employment verification, and periodic compliance checks. All Cardno staff receive safety, compliance and safeguards training and are responsible for contributing to a safer working culture.