International Medical Corps, which has a history of providing healthcare services and training in Ukraine that dates back to 1999, is expanding its activities in the country and the surrounding region in response to the war there.
The situation throughout Ukraine is deteriorating rapidly as the conflict intensifies, prompting a sharp increase in humanitarian needs as access to essential services and supplies are disrupted and more and more people flee their homes. In addition, millions of Ukrainians have fled to neighboring countries, including Moldova, Poland and Romania, increasing pressure on host governments as they work to provide shelter and essential services to the new arrivals.
Our response activities will include operation of mobile medical teams and providing emergency and primary health services, mental health and psychosocial support, gender-based violence services, child protection, nutrition, and water, sanitation and hygiene. If requested, we also are prepared to deploy our Emergency Medical Team and mobile health facility to provide emergency and primary healthcare wherever it is needed.
The Logistics Officer is responsible for supporting the Logistics Coordinator in the day-to-day management of the overall logistics function in Poland in accordance with International Medical Corps policies and procedures, donor and host country regulations.
Logistics Officer is responsible to:
- Ensure all directly managed procurements are performed in an ethical and transparent manner in line with applicable rules and regulations, ensuring best value for money.
- Ensure procurement actions are documented, properly filed and audit ready.
- Assist with the induction of procurement staff peers.
- Ensure procurements tracking for assigned purchase request is up-to-date and available to stakeholders.
- Ensure vendors are registered / vetted prior placing order and their performance is monitored.
- Ensure that every asset and attractive item is logged, issued with unique IMC asset ID, assigned to Custodian and tracked in line with Assets Management procedures.
- Assist in managing IMC vehicles, cargo transport, and custom clearance.
- Assist in managing IMC leased and owned facilities, including warehouses and 3PL contracted storage. Space.
- Account for goods stored in warehouses, their proper management under good storage conditions, and document and report all warehouse transactions.
The Logistics Officer reports to the Logistics Coordinator or other supervisor, as per applicable team structure.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function with or without reasonable accommodation.
MAIN TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for the timely and transparent acquisition of equipment, supplies and services, for program support and implementation, while ensuring compliance with IMC, host government and Donor’s procedures and regulations.
- Ensures compliance – open, transparent, ethical and free competition in procurement activities with aim to achieve best value for money.
- Participate in market surveys.
- Ensures that vendors are registered, assessed, screened and prequalified (as required) prior placing order.
- Ensures that performance of vendors is monitored and documented for assigned procurements
- Alerts supervisor if any Service Level Agreements (SLAs) for any category of items requires updates due to changes in the market.
- Support program team with cost estimates whenever required.
- Ensures timely bids solicitation against approved purchase request and defined selection criteria.
- Responsible for assigned bidding processes including review of procurement requisitions, solicitation of quotes, collecting quotes, comparing bids or supporting their evaluations, recording committee conclusion and placing authorised orders.
- Ensures utilisation of available Blanket Purchase Agreements (BPAs).
- Ensures complete and compliant procurement documentation is submitted for review and approval.
- Promotes enhanced business and negotiation practices, positive and ethical business relations with vendors.
- Ensures regular updates of procurement tracker.
- Ensures that documents required to process quantity and quality controls are available timely with staff tasked to process count and Quality Control at the time of commodities or services handover.
- Check received vendor invoices against approved order and confirmation of delivery.
- Ensures timely payment request to Finance, in line with order payment terms.
- Collects and share feedback from requesters/users and business partners/suppliers to supervisor.
- Ensures correct use of item catalogue use in procurement activities.
- Responsible for maintaining accurate and up to date asset records and Asset List.
- Ensures that all Assets/Attractive Items under their responsibility are assigned to Custodian.
- Provides asset related reports and review inventory report draft for accuracy.
- Organizes spot checks and full inventory with support of asset focal points.
- Reports to Management any items identified as missing/lost, for investigation.
- Informs management of need for item disposition.
Supply Chain Management
- Arranges and coordinates cargo transport in line with shipment dispatch plan to ensure timely delivery of supplies and equipment to projects.
- Supports custom clearance for imported goods and any re-export.
- Manages tracker of cargo shipments and coordinates timely information sharing between sending and receiving parties.
- Maintains accurate filing system on cargo transport.
- Facilities contract management (hotels, travel agencies and cleaning, maintenance companies).
- Ensures that all contracts are adequately tracked and timely renewed.
- Liaises with facility owners for any fixing, improvement works or administrative purposes.
- Ensures that all IMC facilities are regularly cleaned and appropriately maintained.
- Ensures that all IMC facilities are adequately equipped and maintained with safety equipment.
- Monitors long-term contracts with hotels, reviewing invoices and coordinating payment with Finance.
- Manages administration supplies stocks.
- Maintains accurate filing systems, with documented and auditable records of procurement transactions and reports/tracker.
- Plans movement of vehicles operated by International Medical Corps in coordination with requestors and ensures vehicle tracking.
- Ensures that all rental contracts and insurance are valid, and where necessary requests timely extension.
- Ensures implementation of vehicle logs and their regular review.
- Monitors fuel and spare parts consumption and prepares fleet reports pursuant with IMC policies and procedures.
- Implements IMC warehouse procedures by ensuring that existing practices, policies, and procedures are in compliance with IMC Warehouse Manual and applicable donor and host country law requirements.
- Monitors stored items’ shelf life and reports against relevant minimum and maximum stock levels.
- Maintains reliable, transparent, and accurate stock records by item and project for all commodities.
- Issues regular Stock Report updates.
- Receives goods, conducts physical count (preparation of GRN), and performs Quantity Control for inbound material.
- Ensures Quality Control over kitting/de-kitting/reconditioning/reconstituting operations.
- Supports inventory tracking by documenting all dispatches from stock.
- Oversees loading of commodities and documents cargo handover to transporter/recipient.
- Performs stock checks and control counts, verifying any impact on items quality/end use suitability.
Staff Capacity building and Performance Management, Learning & Development:
- Provides support or and participates in orientation of other staff as tasked. Maintains open and professional relations with team members, promoting a strong team spirit and providing assistance with guidance to enable staff to successfully perform in their roles.
Compliance, Audit and related controls
- Responsible for compliance of performed actions with IMC policies and procedures and applicable donor rules and local laws and regulation.
- Identifies risks related to assigned procurements and implement mitigations measures in collaboration with supervisor.
- Maintains accurate filing systems, with documented and auditable records of procurement transactions and reports.
- Ensures timely submission or availability information required for mandatory reports.
- Responsible for implementing correctives measures identified as result of self-control, audit or compliance review.
- Ensures Export Compliance requirements for all assigned procurement actions.
- Committed to fraud prevention, detection, reporting and fraud risk reduction as per IMC policies and procedures, donor rules and local laws and regulations.
Logistics Management & Information System (LMIS)
- Ensures to use any software solutions accurately and in line with IMC guidelines.
Perform other duties as assigned. The duties and responsibilities listed in this document are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and not necessarily all inclusive.
If this is a supervisory position, one must set an example of ethical behaviour through one’s own conduct and oversight of the work of others; ensure that those who report to you have sufficient knowledge and resources to follow the standards outlined in the Code of Conduct & Ethics; monitor compliance of the people you supervise; enforce the Code of Conduct & Ethics and International Medical Corps’ policies, including the Safeguarding Policy and the Protection from Harassment, Bullying and Sexual Misconduct in the Workplace Policy, consistently and fairly; support employees who in good faith raise questions or concerns.
- Degree in Procurement, Logistics, Supply Chain Management or 2 years’ experience in Procurement, Supply Chain Management, and/or Logistics
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Polish
- Knowledge of MS Office including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Good interpersonal and team skills
- Commitment to and understanding of IMC’s aims, values, and principles
- Relevant logistics or supply chain qualifications or training courses.
- Experience with humanitarian organizations
- Experience with customs clearance
- Experience with contracting or contract management
- Experience with medical commodities and cold chain management
- Experience with asset and fleet management
- Experience with warehouse operations
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in participatory manner with staff to assess needs, implement and monitor activities.
- Ability to integrate and work well within multi-ethnic and multicultural team.
Please refer to the Scope of Work above to view this Individual Consultancy details and requirements.
Code of Conduct As applicable to this position, an individual must promote and encourage a culture of compliance and ethics throughout the organization and maintain a clear understanding of International Medical Corps and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards.
Safeguarding It is all staff shared responsibility and obligation to safeguard and protect populations with whom we work, including adults who may be particularly vulnerable and children. This includes safeguarding from the following conduct by our staff or partners: sexual exploitation and abuse; exploitation, neglect, or abuse of children, adults at risk, or LGBTI individuals; and any form of trafficking in persons. Staff are also responsible for preventing violations to our Code of Conduct and Ethics, which may involve Conflicts of Interest, Fraud, Corruption or Harassment. If you see, hear or are made aware of any violations to the Code of Conduct and Ethics or Safeguarding Policy, you have an obligation to report.
Equal Opportunities International Medical Corps is proud to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or status as a veteran.