|Recruiter:||Lloyds Banking Group|
|Listed on:||28th April|
|Location:||London, Chester, Bristol, Edinburgh, Halifax, Leeds|
|Salary/Rate:||£61,176 – £76,470|
The Technology Optimisation Programme is a key transformation program for the Group. The delivery focuses on simplifying the technology estate, addressing the Group technology risks, the cost constraints, and supporting the increased utilisation of public/private cloud.
This work supports the Group evolve to new ways of working to further digitize the business. Steps have already been taken to transform our business, modernising how we serve customers and change how we work. The programme supports this progress, continuing to simplify activity around systems and processes, progressively improving the IT architecture and delivering a better and more personalised customer experience.
Want to learn more?
The Engineering team works across the Technology Optimisation programme (TO). We provide cloud engineering expertise and assist in programme-wide infrastructure solutions, identify and resolve ‘burning issues’ affecting all TO pillars, and deliver rapid proof of concepts (POCs) to evaluate technical tooling and capability.
About the role
As an experienced Cloud Infrastructure Delivery Engineer, you’ll offer technical mentorship by being embedded in a Project/Programme, or a Lab or Squad in Agile teams. Your invaluable knowledge across an array of technologies found in Cloud and on-prem environments will help to drive our migration across to Cloud, in alignment with the TO strategy. We’re an adaptable organisation and our engineers will front-up delivery throughout the lifecycle. We’ll encourage you to get involved in areas ranging from initial design through to solution deployment.
We collaborate with business areas to deliver high-quality solutions that incorporate key requirements. You’ll work closely with our business area customers to understand and develop processes to support TO, this partnership will also enable you to transition requirements and specifications into workable detailed designs. As you’ll incorporate infrastructure-specific requirements into the delivery, you can be confident that the best product is being realised. Finally, you’ll be leading diverse teams across Tech Optimisation to mobilise efficient delivery and evaluate the capabilities that underpin the programme’s objectives.
Core purpose of the role
- Driving the modernisation and transformation of systems and provide technical systems integration expertise
- Provide ad-hoc support and in-depth technical expertise across a breadth of technologies vital to support the migration of various workloads from on-prem to Cloud in-line with strategy
- Building in infrastructure specific requirements for delivery, for example Non-functional Requirements (NFR), infrastructure detail, volumetrics, and test environments you’ll bring the best solution to life
- You could be involved with infrastructure build activities, setting design direction and architecture, or leading the resources supporting the project through the testing cycles and into the live environment
- You’ll think innovatively and creatively to resolve challenges
SEE ALSO: Apply For Programme Manager – Partnership for Learning for All in Nigeria (PLANE) at Save The Children
- Proven experience of multiple infrastructure technologies: servers, middleware, databases, storage, network, and Cloud in a Design and/or Implementation capacity
- Understanding of IT security, data security, and compliance standards in the Financial Services industry
- Problem solving skills during data-led troubleshooting and analysis activities
- Skilled in one or more programming languages
- Robust understanding of Agile practices
- Be passionate about standard automation and engineering methodologies – testing, continuous integration (CI), and continuous delivery (CD)
- Proven experience or Certification in Azure or Google Cloud Platform is highly desirable
- DevOps tools and methodologies
- Knowledge of Cloud financials and billing models
- We welcome someone from any industry background but you’re happy to work in a regulatory environment
What Lloyds Banking Group can offer?
Lloyds is a high collaborative, strategically led organisation providing you with a diverse, energising, and lively environment that focuses on equal opportunity and real career progression. We take your personal and professional development very seriously ensuring that all have the vital growth opportunities and ability to diversify their career if they wish.
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer a great package that includes:
- A variable/discretionary performance-linked bonus
- Generous pension contribution up to 15%
- 30 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Flexible benefits cash pot that includes access to private medical and other insurance choices…as well as access to a range of share schemes and financial products!
If you have the motivation, passion, and experience to join our team and transformation journey… Apply today!
Contact Name: Lloyds Banking Group
Job ID: 3082113