Brand Marketing Officer
These are exciting times for the charity, and we now have an excellent opportunity for a well organised and flexible team player to join the team as a Visitor Marketing Officer.
Position: Visitor Marketing Officer
Location: Based in Sidmouth, Devon – an area of outstanding natural beauty
Hours: Full-time, 37.5 hours per week with flexible working
Salary: £28,260 per annum
Contract: Permanent, starting in July 2022
Benefits: Generous annual leave, pension scheme, Healthshield plan, confidential counselling service, subsidised restaurant, free parking, enhanced maternity/paternity benefits, Life Assurance Scheme, 31 day’s holiday per year, inclusive of the 8 statutory public holidays. This increases by one day each year until a maximum of 34 days is reached.
Closing Date: Sunday 15 May 2022.
As Visitor Marketing Officer, you will coordinate all marketing activities and campaigns to support the growth of visitors and event patrons to the sanctuary, and will support improvements to the visitor experience.
Within this multifunctional and rewarding role, your principal duties and responsibilities will include:
- Helping coordinate all visitor-specific communications and marketing for the charity and producing compelling, engaging and meaningful communication materials, helping to build strong relationships with supporters, visitors, external influencers and stakeholders.
- Working closely with the Visitor Engagement Manager, Head of Commercial, and the visitor, retail and restaurant teams, to support business generation in current and new growth areas, including group travel, events and visitor trails.
- Working with the wider TDS Communications team to respond to visitor-specific press/media enquiries, and with third party tourism partners to assist with press and media visits.
- In collaboration with the creative department, assisting in the research and development of impactful copy and photography to support visitor communications including social media, website, press releases, adverts, leaflets, posters and extensive signage at the Sidmouth site.
- Working with the Visitor Engagement Manager and colleagues across the Marketing Communications directorate to design and implement a tailored ‘visitor engagement journey’, developing a clear strategy for encouraging greater numbers of new visitors and future supporters.
- Encouraging and facilitating the flow of quality information between departments to support strategic aims, including attending the weekly Commercial team meetings and monthly digital meetings to draw upon visitor marketing opportunities.
- Assisting with the management of the charity’s social media accounts to promote the work of the charity and drive new audiences to the main charity website and to visit.
With good all round visitor marketing and interpersonal skills and experience of working in the sector, you will have a degree level of education (or equivalent in experience), together with solid project management skills. With the ability to maintain a high level of accuracy and attention to detail whilst managing a range of simultaneous diverse activities, projects and people you will have excellent IT skills, with a working understanding of social media marketing tools.
You can be part of an evolving program of change taking place within a leading charity working in an area of outstanding natural beauty. With amazing benefits and opportunities to develop you career, you can really make a difference in a fulfilling and rewarding role.
About the Organisation
The charity is one of the UK’s largest international animal welfare charities, currently supporting projects in over 35 countries worldwide. They are working for a world where donkeys and mules live free from suffering and their contribution to humanity is fully valued.
“The Sanctuary is a positive place to work with friendly staff and a wonderful charity. With amazing work throughout the world, once you join you never want to leave!”
Our client is a Disability Confident Employer. They are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable people (children and adults) and expects all staff and volunteers to undertake this commitment. Applicants will be subject to safer recruitment processes, including an application for a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check where required for the post.
You may also have experience in areas such as Brand, Marketing, Marketing Officer, Brand Marketing Officer, Visitor Marketing Officer, Visitor Engagement Marketing Officer, Brand and Marketing, Branding Officer, Tourism Marketing Officer, Visitor Engagement, Marketing Executive, Marketing Assistant, Marketing and Communications Officer, Marketing and Communications Executive, Marketing and Communications Support, Visitor Marketing and Communications Officer, Tourism Marketing and Communications, Public Relations, Brand and Public Relations, PR and Brand, Brand and PR.