The Internet can make the recruitment process simpler. Online recruitment, also known as e-recruitment, uses the Internet to make the process of finding candidates quicker, cheaper and more efficient.
What are the advantages of advertising jobs online?
There are many benefits to recruiting online. For example:
- It’s cost effective. Advertising a position on a reputable job site usually costs just a couple of hundred pounds. When comparing this cost of advertising to a newspaper or magazine that could cost you thousands of pounds, the real financial advantages of online recruitment become clear.
- It’s quick. A job vacancy can be added to a job site by almost anyone who has Internet access. A job could be posted on the job site in the morning, the first applications from candidates could arrive by lunchtime and potentially interviewed by the end of the day.
- Great reach to desired audience. Traditional methods of advertising face some major limitations in comparison to online recruitment. For example, the success of a vacancy advertisement in a local or national newspaper depends on the right people looking at your ad on that particular page in that particular issue. Online recruitment is different – candidates can search and apply for jobs 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Access is global and adverts can stay online for longer.
- Search CV databases. Searching CV databases is a simple way of tapping into a resource of candidates who are actively seeking new opportunities. You can target your search criteria so you find the CV’s you want and can set up email alerts so CV’s are delivered to your inbox as they are posted.
- It’s easy. All the instructions on how to advertise a job online are displayed in an easy to follow format. Most of the time all you need is a job description and a credit card!
The reason online recruitment or e-recruitment can deliver such great benefits is because of its unrivalled flexibility in comparison to traditional print methods and its reduction in cost per hire.
Why advertise online?
- 96% of IT professionals use the Internet to search and apply for jobs
- Online recruitment in Europe attracted 53.3 million job seekers in Q1 2007
- Online recruitment advertising is growing on average by 20% annually
How to deliver a successful online recruitment campaign
To maximise your online recruitment campaign, all you need to do is:
- Choose a job site
- Write the job advert and post online
- Receive CV’s straight to your inbox
- Screen and reply to applicants
- Arrange interviews
Writing the text or ‘copy’ for your job advert is the most important element of the recruitment process. It is not only through this text that job seekers will find your job but will also encourage them to apply for it. Your job advertisement is a sales tool and should be written as one. Sell the job, sell the salary and benefits and importantly sell the company!
Another advantage of online recruitment is that unlike with newspapers, if you are unhappy with the response rate it is quick and easy to make amendments to the advert.
Advertising IT Jobs and Technical Jobs
- Vacancy advertised immediately (online for 30 days)
- It is hassle free – no waiting time and everything is done online
- Reduces your cost per hire over traditional advertising
- Jobs are also posted free, on your behalf, to other popular job sites (e.g. Careerjet, 1job, Jobrapido)
- Jobs distributed via email job alerts to relevant candidates (over 30,000 alerts)
- Tag Scoring technology to ensure candidate searches find the right job
- Significant marketing to attract IT and Technical candidates
- Applications emailed directly to you immediately with a CV
- Access to the Technojobs Candidate Management Portal
- CV database search available
- From only £175 + vat for one job
All you need to do is sign up as a recruiter and purchase the relevant job credits or job package. You can even add your job advert at a later stage.
Additionally, save money by buying job credits in advance. There is no time limit on using the credits.