This is not purely a software Tester role – you will be testing Hardware kit from equipment level to spacecraft level.
We are looking for several Test professionals to join Airbus Defence & Space in Stevenage – ideally you will be a Trainee Tester, Test Engineer, Architect or team Leader. You will join our Spacecraft & Systems Engineering group (5-10 people and wider projects) and report to the Functional Avionics Lead.
The Spacecraft group produce some of our most exciting and innovative products, like the Mars Sample Fetch Rover and Solar Orbiter, as well as earth observation satellites. You will be assigned to one of our groundbreaking projects and insure all functional verification activities are properly executed.
You will be responsible for the complete test cycles covering test specification, test procedure, test execution and assessment. Specific role will be fit to your experience level. The tests will target both numerical test benches (fully simulated) and hybrid hardware benches. Working closely with the Functional Team, you will lead anomaly investigations when they arise.
Depending on your experience, you will be asked to coordinate functional verification activities across the whole project. You will also work closely with the Project Management Office (PMO), to report on costs, maintain the schedule and ensure everything is successfully completed within budget.
You will be subject to a BPSS check (including a criminal record check).
This role comes with occasional UK travel.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
Your tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Co-engineering of system validation test specifications;
- Establish the necessary and sufficient configuration to perform the FV task;
- Validation of the functional chains through end to end open loop tests (GNC, DHS, ..);
- Validate the nominal and reconfiguration functions of the sub-assembly through closed loop tests;
- Development of Automated Test Procedures (ATP) against a test specification;
- Execution of the ATPs on the various test benches;
- Test data analysis and Test Report Compilation (in co-engineering with design areas);
- Investigation of anomalies and diagnosis (root cause, solution proposal…).
Depending on your experience, you will also be expected to:
- Provide expertise and support to OPS/AIT/design architect/system engineers as required;
- Manage Functional Verification activities schedule, quality, costs and risks as the focal point for all FV related activities within the Project;
- Define the whole FV strategy for the project;
- Interface to customer for FV and associated Verification Control Document (VCD), identifying and analysing Customer Functional Verification requirements. Liaise with customer over all FV activities, including compliance statements and traceability;
- Analyse S/C design and AIT/AIV constraints. Manage FV to system/other Process;
- Chair functional tests and lead technical follow up to monitor progress;
- Technical lead for NCR’s and investigation related to functional tests;
- Contribute to Functional Verification Infrastructure architecture, monitoring the development and procurement of FV Infrastructure;
- Identify opportunities for cost reduction and push them forward.
Skills and Experience:
- Experience of testing software on both a numerical test bench and an electrical/hardware bench;
- A curious mind, actively looking for problems/bugs and solutions, gaining an understanding of the mission and how this related to the kit you are testing;
- Background in playing with hardware/software and willingness to see how things work;
- A space industry background would be great, but definitely not essential.
What Airbus Can Offer You:
- A competitive salary with annual profit share;
- An ever growing list of company benefits including enhanced pay for maternity, paternity, adoption and shared parental leave;
- A hybrid working pattern with 40-60% of your time spent in the new state of the art Airbus office (remaining time can be worked on site or remote);
- Flexible hours – 37 per week with no core hours on Friday afternoons!
- Very strong, very real career development options across our transnational, market leading company.
Many of our staff work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility you need. We can’t promise to give you exactly what you want, but we do promise not to judge you for asking.
Please let us know if you need us to make any reasonable adjustments for the selection process – you can share this with the Recruitment Business Partner who gets in touch if you are invited to interview. Examples of this may include (but is not exclusive to) accessible facilities; auxiliary aids; room layout etc. Any information disclosed will be treated in the strictest confidence.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
Contract Type: Permanent Contract/CDI/Unbefristet/Contrato indefinido
Experience Level: Professional/Expérimenté(e)/Professionell/Profesional
Job Family: Chief Engineering & Architecture
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.
Airbus is, and always has been, committed to equal opportunities for all. As such, we will never ask for any type of monetary exchange in the frame of a recruitment process.