Airbus pioneers sustainable aerospace for a safe and united world. The Company constantly innovates to provide efficient and technologically-advanced solutions in aerospace, defence, and connected services. In commercial aircraft, Airbus offers modern and fuel-efficient airliners and associated services. Airbus is also a European leader in defence and security and one of the world’s leading space businesses. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions and services worldwide.
In our “Situational Awareness and Mission Management” department, we are looking for you to help shape our current and future projects.
Become our new “System Engineer for Surveillance” (f/m/d) for Airbus Helicopters Germany in Donauwörth!
What can you expect from us?
You will join a transnational team of 55 people in the “Situational Awareness and Mission Management” department which is in charge of terrain/weather/threats/traffic awareness functions, vision enhancement and targeting systems, datalinks, mission management systems for all (e-)VTOLs.
Your mission will consist of system engineering activities and helicopter level integration of surveillance and situational awareness systems for civil and military helicopters such as traffic collision avoidance and awareness systems (ACAS/ADS-B) and potentially other air & ground obstacle detection systems.
What are your main tasks & accountabilities?
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Acting as functional and system design responsible for Surveillance Systems over multiple helicopter platforms;
- Requirements engineering;
- Interfacing with project management, purchasing, sales department and other project stakeholders throughout the organization;
- Interfacing with and management of suppliers and customers;
- Application of agile development methodology;
- Ensuring planning at equipment and helicopter level for development and qualification;
- Participating in offer management and contributing to product sourcing policy;
- Assessing suppliers offers with other stakeholders;
- Proactively controlling and monitoring suppliers during the development phase, with the aim of safeguarding technical requirement;
- Gathering and sharing knowledge of surveillance and situational awareness equipment market solutions (current and future);
- Ensuring the qualification/certification of equipment and the according function;
- Supporting RIG, ground and flight testing of the equipment;
- Supporting knowledge exchange within Airbus (all divisions);
- This role may involve some travel for business and as such you must be able to travel accordingly.
- Challenging tasks for/with unique services and products;
- Pleasant working atmosphere in a professional and international work environment;
- Exciting development opportunities and perspectives;
- Extensive company training offers (eLearning and Classroom Trainings);
- Flexible working hours;
- Compatibility of work and family life;
- Attractive remuneration;
- Company Pension Scheme;
- Good connections to public transport and local parking facilities;
- Catering facilities on site.
You have the following qualification:
- Academic studies in the field of Physics, Electrical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering or similar;
- Several years of experience in the design, development, engineering and/or integration of surveillance/situational awareness systems for aircrafts;
- Knowledge in Systems Engineering, Requirements Engineering and Integration in the field of Avionics;
- Experience in Supplier Management;
- Experience in the application of agile methodology (Scrum, SAFe) is an advantage;
- Interest to develop towards technical expertise;
- Good communication skills and experience in stakeholder management;
- Very good team spirit;
- Language skills: English business fluent/negotiation level; French, German or Spanish language knowledge is an advantage.
We look forward to receiving your convincing application!
(If possible, please apply with your CV in German and/or English).
This position will require a security clearance or will require being eligible for clearance by the recognised authorities.
Disabled applicants with equal qualifications will be given special consideration.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.