Airbus pioneers sustainable aerospace for a safe and united world. The Company constantly innovates to provide efficient and technologically-advanced solutions in aerospace, defence, and connected services. In commercial aircraft, Airbus offers modern and fuel-efficient airliners and associated services. Airbus is also a European leader in defence and security and one of the world’s leading space businesses. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions and services worldwide.
The GSE (Ground Support Equipment) Department is looking for an experienced System Design Responsible – SDR (d/w/m) to reinforce the GSE team in Donauwörth.
The GSE team is based in Marignane and its prime mission is to support both AH & AHD needs. Thus, its activity covers AH/AHD programs. You will however be based in Donauwörth to work mainly on H135/H145/Tiger/NH90 programs.
Within Design Office Directorate, the Maintainability & Ground Support Equipment (GSE) Department is composed of three specialized teams, in charge of:
for GSE team:
to lead the design and development of ground support equipment, which are maintenance tools necessary to perform ground handling & maintenance operation by the end customer.
for Maintainability team:
to lead vehicle maintainability analysis and influence systems integration to insure that vehicle design is compliant to maintainability requirements and that the helicopter is compliant to the maintenance policy
for Ground Handling team:
to lead the development of helicopter ground functions (ATAs 07/08/09/10: transport through air-sea/road, towing, parking, mooring, etc.)
Responsible of your own development projects, your role will consist in:
- Analyze GSE needs and requirements;
- Commit on budget, schedule and provide deliverables accordingly;
- Write Technical Notes, user manual, risk analysis, specification;
- Manage externalized activities for GSE development, design & drawings (suppliers, manufacturers, subcontractors);
- Organize GSE validation test on helicopter (prepare test requests, support test activities and analyze test results);
- Ensure compliance with design rules, standard & processes;
- You will have to work with many AH departments, inside the Design Office Directorate & outside (Support & Services for example), to meet your commitments regarding quality, schedule and cost.
Your Qualifications are:
- You are a mechanical engineer or technician with experience;
- with knowledge in stress calculation and CATIA V5;
- You are autonomous and organized with a high level of sense of accountability;
- English negotiating level is essential to evolve in the international project environment.
ALSO SEE: Competence Area Manager of Additional Data Services and Projects EUMETSAT – European Organisation for the Exploitation of Meteorological Satellites Darmstadt, Germany.
We look forward to receiving your convincing application!
(If possible, please apply with your CV in German and/or English).
This position will require a security clearance or will require being eligible for clearance by the recognized authorities.
Disabled applicants with equal qualifications will be given special consideration.