Our Client, a global engineering consulting firm specializing in the science of buildings, infrastructure and the environment is seeking a Project Manager to join the Project Delivery team in the Vancouver office. This Project Manager will be focused on supporting the Infrastructure or Buildings market sector.
Our Client tackles complex challenges by combining innovative thinking, collaborative problem solving and a passion for expanding the boundaries of the possible. They value curiosity, ingenuity and find satisfaction in extending individual capabilities while advancing our disciplines.
- Responsible for effectively sourcing, negotiating and facilitating new business in the Infrastructure sector
- Creating and delivering proposals inclusive of scope, fees and qualifications for public and client RFPs
- Responsible for developing strong working relationships with clients
- Assembling and guiding a team of consultants towards meeting project objectives
- Oversee the preparation of documentation and reporting developed by the technical team
- Accountable for project performance, on time and on quality delivery, and ensuring client expectations are met or exceeded
- Manage financial activities of the project including tracking revenue, issuing invoices and recovering receivables
- Ensuring that Quality Assurances are completed, recorded and meet company standards and project scope
- Track industry developments and innovations to ensure the company is continuously delivering relevant services, and new and innovative deliverables
- Regularly develop and deliver presentations at project meetings / workshops and industry events.
What you bring:
- At least 5 years of relevant project management and industry knowledge, experience within architecture, engineering, design and construction, interior design, operations and building management, or other relevant fields
- Post-secondary education required. Preference will be given to a degree in Engineering, Applied Science, Building Science, Architecture, or another relevant field
- Understanding of building design and construction process, codes, standards and protocols
- Maintain relevant professional accreditation (e.g. Engineer in Training, Professional Engineer, PMP), an asset
- Open to business development duties within the role
- Superior and effective communication skills
- Excellent client service ethic
- Ability to delegate and prioritize deliverables
- Ability to market and develop strong client relationships
- Experience in developing detailed proposals and negotiating fees with clients
- Ability to manage clients
- Proven ability to: successfully meet schedules and control costs; manage scope creep; and negotiate additional service agreements when appropriate
- Ability to develop solid inter-personal relationships
- Strong leadership, organization and efficiency skills
- Ability to speak and present in front of a large group
- A drive to make it happen, and to turn client needs into opportunities
- Ability to deliver on commitments and exceed client expectations
- An aptitude for practical problem solving
- Desire and ability to work in and contribute to project teams
- Excellent team leadership skills and experience.
• Only candidates with authorisation to work in Canada will be considered
Please clearly highlight relevant work experience, project overviews and project scale ($) in your resume.
All applicants must create a profile and attach their most recent resume.