Airbus pioneers sustainable aerospace for a safe and united world. The Company constantly innovates to provide efficient and technologically-advanced solutions in aerospace, defence, and connected services. In commercial aircraft, Airbus offers modern and fuel-efficient airliners and associated services. Airbus is also a European leader in defence and security and one of the world’s leading space businesses. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions and services worldwide.
In our “NDT Development and Process Simulation” department, we are looking for you to help shape our current and future projects:
Become our new “Non Destructive Test Development Engineer (f/m/d)” for Airbus Helicopters Germany in Donauwörth!
ALSO READ: Test Roles – Trainee to Experienced. Equipment and Spacecraft HW Hybrid Models Airbus Defence & Space Stevenage, United Kingdom.
What can you expect from us?
The Laboratory for Materials and Processes (LMP) supports the engineering and manufacturing departments at all key points of the helicopter life cycle, from the research and development of new materials and manufacturing processes, manufacturing process simulations and qualifications of materials and processes.
Within the LMP, the department “NDT Development and Simulation” is responsible for the development and introduction of new non-destructive testing and future quality assessment methods. The advertised position is strongly focused on additive manufacturing (3D printing), which is becoming increasingly important at Airbus Helicopters.
In order to be able to test the quality of AM-manufactured components, it is often necessary to make use new technologies that have never been used before.
For this we are looking for a development engineer (f/m/d) with extensive experience in the field of NDT, online monitoring and AM.
Independence, agile working, holistic thinking and the ability to work in a team are essential skills for this role.
What are your main tasks & accountabilities?
- Management and coordination of development projects in the field of quality testing of additively manufactured components;
- Participation in and/or management of a transnational development team in the field of novel testing technologies;
- Development and approval of internal standards and calibration processes;
- Responsible for the introduction of new technologies and processes in production;
- Support and stabilization of the series production process with regard to NDT;
- Supervision of students, PhD students and subcontractors;
- Presentation of advanced technologies to internal stakeholders, but also at international conferences;
- Close cooperation with AIRBUS Group in the context of One M&P as well as with university partners in the context of research and development projects.
Required skills and qualifications:
- Completed studies in mechanical engineering, engineering, materials science or comparable;
- Several years of NDT/Quality engineering experience;
- Basic knowledge of crack detection, CT and RT, no certificates required;
- Experience in additive manufacturing and especially online monitoring desirable;
- Knowledge of the use of machine learning and/or artificial intelligence for digital production monitoring;
- Fluent English/Beginner willing to learn up to fluent German;
- Advanced project management experience;
- Basic knowledge of subtractive/clamping metal fabrication desirable;
- Knowledge of (AIRBUS Industry Test Methods – AITM) guidelines and other standards;
- Sound knowledge of production and maintenance requirements regarding NDT;
- Customer oriented way of working;
- Ability to work in a team and experience with agile working methods.
- Challenging tasks for/with unique services and products;
- Pleasant working atmosphere in a professional and international work environment;
- Exciting development opportunities and perspectives;
- Extensive company training offers (eLearning and Classroom Trainings);
- Flexible working hours;
- Compatibility of work and family life;
- Attractive remuneration;
- Company Pension Scheme;
- Good connections to public transport and local parking facilities;
- Catering facilities on site.
We look forward to receiving your convincing application!
(If possible, please apply with your CV in German and/or English.)
This position will require a security clearance or will require being eligible for clearance by the recognized authorities.