AB InBev is the world’s leading brewer. We produce over 500 beers, including world-famous brands such as Budweiser, Stella Artois and Corona. Local Africa brands such as Carling Black Label, Hero, Kilimanjaro, 2M, Eagle and we want like-minded, hard-working and passionate people to join our teams in Africa.
We’re seeking passionate people who’ll be inspired by brewing the world’s most loved beers, building iconic brands and creating meaningful experiences. Bring your talent and dedication and we’ll supply incredible opportunities to grow your career without the traditional boundaries of role, function or location.
Do you see challenges as opportunities and thrive under pressure? Working to grow our business isn’t always easy. But in return, you’ll see real results and enjoy generous rewards.
Are you a talented student looking to make a global impact? Our development programs are designed to accelerate your career and make you a future leader.
Looking for a role that satisfies your curiosity and ambition? Search for opportunities across our business – in 50 countries.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Control & Automation Trainee – 4
Job ID: 30012717
Job Location: Sagamu Brewery, Ogun
Job type: Full time
- The Control & Automation Trainee programme is a structured 18 month programme which is designed to address the acquisition of technical skills and experience for graduates as well as familiarize them with the company culture and principles.
- The rigour of the programme should ensure that an individual that has completed the programme can be allocated an area of responsibility immediately.
Key Outputs and Responsibilities
- The Technical Traineeship is primarily a hands-on, self-study program where the Trainee is expected to gain a full understanding of the theory, principles and the Control & Automation processes
- Apply VPO principles
- Participation in the team structures including acting roles in identified positions, i.e. within Maintenance, Planning Systems and Control Systems
- Complete and be competent in Generic Modules within VPO, Engineering Safety, Safety & Environment, Control & Automation
- Complete identified Projects within the Engineering C&A Training Programme
- Participation in projects in the Plant environment aligned to the program requirements and brewery priorities
- Diagnosis of systemic and situational problems and troubleshooting
- Communication of learnings and solutions across various levels of the business.
- Manage and control manufacturing systems infrastructure, Control and automation processes, databases and applications to ensure sustained integrity and stability of the environment
- Proactively optimize manufacturing systems to improve quality, efficiency and/or functionality
- Lead users through manufacturing systems interventions and change
- Work in teams
- Coach, guide and assist with training of all production employees
- Facilitation, project management and development of systems and/or reports to satisfy the requirements of production
- Assist with ensuring that the manufacturing systems environment remains aligned with the manufacturing systems strategy
- Identify and motivate technical CAPIN justification
- Improvement of manufacturing systems, process control and database knowledge within Production
- Understand and assist with network, IT support and process control
- B.Sc Degree in Computer Science, B.Tech / B.Eng in Electrical Engineering, B.Sc Degree in Mechatronics or relevant equivalent tertiary qualification.