Airbus pioneers sustainable aerospace for a safe and united world. The Company constantly innovates to provide efficient and technologically-advanced solutions in aerospace, defence, and connected services. In commercial aircraft, Airbus offers modern and fuel-efficient airliners and associated services. Airbus is also a European leader in defence and security and one of the world’s leading space businesses. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions and services worldwide.
Airbus Helicopters in Donauwörth is looking for a Helicopter Vehicle Physical Integration Responsible Engineer (VPI) (d/f/m). You will join the ETISA department, dedicated to Physical Architecture & Integration Activities.
Have you ever wanted to gain a global view of Helicopters and be in contact with different interfaces within the company (Research and Development, Manufacturing, Support and Services, Marketing, Offers, Sales, etc.) while working in an engineering function?
Are you looking for career evolution within Architecture, Design & Development or Project Management?
Further you are a good communicator, able to make compromises, arbitrate between engineering functions, develop people’s commitment and manage a project?
Then the Vehicle Architecture department is right for you!
This position is intended to work on our new H/C development projects.
SEE ALSO: Competence Area Manager of Additional Data Services and Projects EUMETSAT – European Organisation for the Exploitation of Meteorological Satellites Darmstadt, Germany.
Your tasks & accountabilities:
- You will be responsible for managing the integration process of the complete vehicle to get the best integration results taking into account all functional and physical constraints of all systems, industrialisation constraints and maintainability;
- Within your perimeter, you will be accountable for integration maturity within the development milestones, respecting constraints coming from physical interfaces, clearance, thermal environment, stress, materials, weight and balance and other engineering domains. For that, you will also anticipate risks and propose mitigation actions together with the project team;
- You will propose integration solutions to solve transfunctional integration issues, conduct trade-offs and arbitrate and escalate as appropriate;
- You will be supported by the activities of the other integration members like the SSCEI, the DMU integrator and the interface manager. And more importantly, you will have to use your facilitation and negotiation skills.
- You will be able to use your strong communication and technical skills within a team. You can conduct-trade offs, arbitrate design proposals and influence the decision finding process;
- Due to your understanding of project management fundamentals, you can propose and manage an integration road-map to reach the next development milestone;
- You can as well verify the vehicle integration maturity against the given multi-system and overall vehicle requirements. Further you know the basic configuration methods and rules and know how they are linked with the other business processes;
- You realise that DMU is more than a collection of 3D data and you know and apply the relevant processes, methods and tools;
- You can create a basic preliminary study design in CATIA to propose an integration solution to the affected engineering functions.
Additional skills and experience:
- Degree in engineering;
- Experience in System Integration in the Aerospace industry or extensive experience in System Integration in another field; OR
- Several years of experience in development of several different systems/ATA-chapters/general engineering;
- Basic experience in project management;
- Knowledge of CATIA V5/VPM/Windchill;
- Open-minded, strong negotiation and communication skills;
- Like to work in a transnational context;
- strong sense of responsibility, decision making and initiative;
- Ability to solve problems;
- You are fluent in English. Basic German or French language skills are a bonus but not mandatory.
If you recognise yourself within this profile, please do apply!
This position will require being eligible for clearance by the recognized authorities. Disabled applicants with equal qualifications will be given special consideration.
Local hiring manager is Falko HEGEWALD. Feel free to contact us for any further details.
(From inside Airbus Helicopters, you can visit us as well on our department website: